I’ve never taken New Years resolutions super seriously. I try to just always be improving my life every single day, not once a year. But after a couple of conversations with close friends I thought of some things that are actually really important to me that I think I could try to hold myself to this year. Check them out below!
- Work Out – A large majority of my day is me moping about my fitness. I could stand to lose a few pounds and I know it but I never find myself in a gym. Yes, this is so cliche to make this a resolution, but it’s still very important to me nonetheless! So here’s to making working out an actual thing instead of something I just think about and find excuses not to do!
- Win A Tennis Tournament – The joy and excitement of winning my last tennis tournament in 2008 (that was a long time ago!) was sooooo incredible. I had worked so hard to be at my absolute best at that time and I want to feel it again. In 2011 I made the semifinals of my local tournament in Maryland, and then made the finals in 2012, but I haven’t taken the trophy home since 2008. I want to change that this year!
- Run a 9 Minute Mile – Oh Lord, this is stretching it. I was not made for running. Currently my mile is around the 11-12 minute mark, which isn’t bad considering I haven’t been consistently running since summer 2012. Training for tennis seasons my whole life I’ve done mainly interval cardio so running a mile straight forward without any breaks is VERY hard for me. But, running a mile in 9 minutes would really prove that my conditioning and fitness is where I want it to be. I’ll give myself a heart attack if that’s what it takes to do this in 2014.
- Spend Less Money – I’m sure we could all do this one. I calculated how much money I spend on food and cabs in 2013 and it was appalling. When you break it down, it really is crazy! This year I am cutting corners and being more financially responsible.
- Travel More – I really don’t travel that much. If I’m not in New York or Maryland I’m…in Ohio visiting my friend Phillip’s family. That’s basically been the extent of my travel for the last couple of years (with the exception of 2012 San Diego Comic Con). I want to see the world and actually force myself to have a quick weekend somewhere just to see and feel what else is going on in the world around me.
I have a couple other little things that aren’t full resolutions, but they’re not worth sharing.
What are your resolutions in 2014?