Today the website Mac 4 Ever has claimed that iLife ’11 will be released August 7th (a Saturday…?). The website highlights the following tidbits:
– ILife ’11 would be sold $ 79
– The release date should be 08/07/2010
– All applications will be 64-bit
– Improvements in iPhoto faces & places
– Improving the integration of social networks
– iWeb will be totally renewed
– New application (mystery!)
– Disappearance of iDVD that will be downloaded (like iMovie HD)
– MobileMe gallery in beta (with faces & places)
To me, this is a no brainer. The new application is obviously going to be FaceTime.
The number 1 question I get from people who aren’t familiar with iPhone 4/iChat is “Can you FaceTime with a computer?” Well considering it’s WiFi only, you’d think so. But as of now you can not. But the logical next step would be to release a FaceTime application for Mac and PC.
I have a hunch that FaceTime might be Mac only or something first, since it would be released with iLife ’11 which is Mac only. But iTunes is a free download so I don’t see why FaceTime couldn’t be.
The only thing I wouldn’t get is how they would separate FaceTime with iChat. I mean essentially they are the same thing, and would make more sense to combine them. Either way the rumor mills are going to be kicked in to full drive here in the coming weeks, and I’m sure people will start to deduce FaceTime as being the logical new application.
Though there’s also a possibility that the mystery application won’t be FaceTime. What do you think it will be?