Today, Apple revealed the iPhone 4, which most people who pay attention to technology blogs have already seen.
The iPhone 4 does a lot of amazing things, that I don’t really feel like going in to, but here are some of the highlights:
– 5 megapixel front facing and back camera (YES!)
– An exciting new video call feature called FaceTime, which currently only works over WiFi, and with other iPhone 4 users
– Apple’s very quick A4 processor (this will be much faster than 3GS!)
– It comes with a new built in gyroscope, which I am sure is amazing, but can’t really be that overly excited about.
– 960×640 high resolution display! (quadruples current iPhone resolutions)
– Records HD video at 720p and 30 frames per second
– iMovie app available for $4.99
I have to say I am very excited to get my hands on what is definitely a huge upgrade from the 3G and 3GS. My iPhone 3GS, which I have had for under a year, has had a cracked and broken screen since October. Apparently I am eligible for the upgrade, so I am definitely putting in my pre-order on June 15.
Oh and one other thing that Apple nerds will love: the new boxing! Check it out:
Anyway I was a bit disappointed that we didn’t hear anything about MobileMe (being free!), or Mac OS 10.7, but my thoughts are this: Apple is going to work MobileMe in to cloud-storage iTunes, which of course won’t be announced until September, which is when Apple updates the iPods. Apple has typically included Apple TV with the iPod line, so maybe we’ll get everything on that end of the spectrum in September. That’s fine with me, I’m in no rush to empty my bank account all at once anyway.
Were you excited about iPhone 4? What do you think will be in store for iPhone 5!?