FaceTime Video Conferencing Coming to iPad…Before 2011? September 10, 2010Posted by johnthrasher in App Talk, Apple, Geek Talk, Movies/Film, Personally John, technology, ThrasherTechnoTrash.
Tags: Apple, FaceTime, iPad, John Thrasher
add a comment
A new rumor has surfaced from someone working closely with Apple that new iPads with FaceTime technology are due out no later than Q1 of next year. The report also claims there’s a chance it’s coming before the end of the year.
I have been dying to get my hands on my own iPad, but now that this is coming to light, I think I may hold off. Would FaceTime make you more enticed to buy an iPad?
My Predictions for Tomorrow’s Apple Music Event August 31, 2010Posted by johnthrasher in App Talk, Apple, technology, ThrasherTechnoTrash.
Tags: Apple, FaceTime, iPods, Steve Jobs
1 comment so far
I have a lot of thoughts and ideas about what tomorrow’s Apple music event will reveal. So without further ado:
- New iPod nano that looks like this
- Retiring iPod shuffle
- New iPod touch with retina display, front and back cameras, A4 chip, and FaceTime (Coming in 32, 64, and 128GB)
- Retiring of iPod classic – but won’t really get mentioned
- Ultimately, retiring the click wheel from the iPod line - which will make pop culture news
- iLife ’11 would be nice – with new “mystery application” that I predicted a while back to be FaceTime
- Cloud-based iTunes streaming (though I wouldn’t put my chips on the table for this one – at least for right now)
- ONE MORE THING: AppleTV changing to iTV, resembles iPhone without a screen, .99 cent TV show rentals
That’s all I got for now. Check back here tomorrow for an update on the new Apple stuff!
New Application in iLife ’11 Will Be FaceTime July 26, 2010Posted by johnthrasher in App Talk, Geek Talk, iPhone, Personally John, technology.
Tags: Apple, FaceTime, iLife, iPhone, iTunes, technology
Today the website Mac 4 Ever has claimed that iLife ’11 will be released August 7th (a Saturday…?). The website highlights the following tidbits:
- ILife ’11 would be sold $ 79
- The release date should be 08/07/2010
- All applications will be 64-bit
- Improvements in iPhoto faces & places
- Improving the integration of social networks
- iWeb will be totally renewed
- New application (mystery!)
- Disappearance of iDVD that will be downloaded (like iMovie HD)
- MobileMe gallery in beta (with faces & places)
To me, this is a no brainer. The new application is obviously going to be FaceTime.
The number 1 question I get from people who aren’t familiar with iPhone 4/iChat is “Can you FaceTime with a computer?” Well considering it’s WiFi only, you’d think so. But as of now you can not. But the logical next step would be to release a FaceTime application for Mac and PC.
I have a hunch that FaceTime might be Mac only or something first, since it would be released with iLife ’11 which is Mac only. But iTunes is a free download so I don’t see why FaceTime couldn’t be.
The only thing I wouldn’t get is how they would separate FaceTime with iChat. I mean essentially they are the same thing, and would make more sense to combine them. Either way the rumor mills are going to be kicked in to full drive here in the coming weeks, and I’m sure people will start to deduce FaceTime as being the logical new application.
Though there’s also a possibility that the mystery application won’t be FaceTime. What do you think it will be?