Bullet Points: Apple iPad 2 Event March 2, 2011Posted by johnthrasher in App Talk, Apple, Bullet Points, Geek Talk, iPhone, Movies/Film, technology, ThrasherTechnoTrash.
add a comment
Bullet points that you should know about what was announced at today’s iPad 2 event!
- Steve Jobs introduces iPad 2 in black and white (bezels). Completely redesigned, and a third thinner than iPad 1
- Available March 11th
- 3G models that work on both AT&T and Verizon
- Same price points as current iPad models.
- Multicolored magnetic covers that can only be explained by checking them out here
- Comes with gyroscope and new dual core processor called A5.
- Comes with both front and rear facing cameras.
- Supports FaceTime and PhotoBooth
- Supports HDMI out at 1080p
- iOS 4.3 announced – available March 11th
- Creates personal hotspot for iPhone 4 only
- iTunes Home Sharing – stream your Mac’s iTunes library to your iOS device over WiFi
- iMovie and GarageBand for iPad available for $4.99 each in the App Store on March 11
- No mention of MobileMe
- No mention of white iPhone 4
Is This What iPad 2 Looks Like?? March 2, 2011Posted by johnthrasher in App Talk, Apple, Geek Talk, iPhone, technology, ThrasherTechnoTrash.
Tags: Apple, iPad 2
add a comment
Some more images were leaked this morning, just a few hours before the big iPad event, of what the next generation may look like. Though some sources are saying there won’t be a design change (only a spec bump), others are saying this overhaul will be design and spec changes.
Either way, it’s exciting for Apple nerds such as myself.
There are also rumors that MobileMe will go free today. Considering they took it completely out of their system, we have to expect some mention of it today, regardless of if that rumor is true or not.
Also in the rumor pipeline is that Apple will debut a social location app called “Places” today and maybe give a sneak peak at iOs 5. We’ll find out very soon!
Preview of Mac OS X 10.7 Lion! February 27, 2011Posted by johnthrasher in App Talk, Apple, Geek Talk, technology, ThrasherTechnoTrash.
1 comment so far
So developers got a beta version of Apple’s upcoming new Mac OS X release, 10.7 Lion. As expected, developers are previewing Lion with YouTube to let users check it out before the official release this summer.
I checked out this video below and couldn’t help but wonder if Mac OS X Lion will be released on the iPad itself. When Steve Jobs previewed Lion for the first time he mentioned that there were tons of user interface additions in OS X Lion that came straight from the experience of the iPad (Mission Control, the new Mail app, etc). Looking at this latest beta in the video below, it almost looks as if the entire interface was designed FOR touch compatibility. I also think that this is the reason iTunes is now a circular icon…easier to touch to launch!
Though it seems far fetched, only Apple would be able to find a way to do it. Check out the video below and let me know what you think.
My 2011 Australian Open Predictions! January 14, 2011Posted by johnthrasher in technology, Television, tennis.
Tags: Australian Open, Kim Clijsters, Li Na, Rafael Nadal, Roger Federer
add a comment
Well there isn’t a ton of drama heading in to this year’s Australian Open, which begins on Monday. On the women’s side Serena Williams is still absent from the game (nursing a foot injury from July), one of my favorites Elena Dementieva retired in November, and Li Na just beat Clijsters in Sydney to win the title.
On the men’s side, the top 100 players are entered, Nadal is looking to be the first man in 42 years to hold all four grand slams at once, and Roger Federer is now 30 – usually the beginning of the end in players past. With all of this considered, including the draw, here are my semis, finals, and champions for the 2011 Australian Open:
Semis: 11 Henin vs. 9 Li and 3 Clijsters vs. 2 Zvonareva
Final: 9 Li vs. 3 Clijsters
Champion: 9 Li
It’s a bit of a long shot for Li to win a slam considering she never has, and she’d have to beat Aussie favorite, and U.S. Open champion Kim Clijsters to do it probably. However, Li just beat Clijsters today to win in Sydney. Maybe Clijsters is a little more fatigued than usual? Either way I expect Li to make a deep run.
Semis: 1 Nadal vs 4 Soderling and 4 Djokovic vs. 2 Federer
Final: 1 Nadal vs. 2 Djokovic
Champion: 1 Nadal
I really went back and forth about putting Djokovic or Federer in the final, but am thinking that with an aging Federer and a vengeful Djokovic, maybe Djokovic could win. Djokovic has beaten Federer before so it’s not a long-shot really. I just hope that Nadal is over his recent flu that derailed him 2 weeks ago. It would be amazing to see him hit yet another career record!
iPad 2 and iPhone 5 to Lose Home Button? January 13, 2011Posted by johnthrasher in App Talk, Apple, Geek Talk, iPhone, technology, ThrasherTechnoTrash.
Tags: Apple, iPad 2, iPhone 5, Steve Jobs
1 comment so far
There is a very high liklihood that the next iPad and iPhone will ship without a home button!
Steve Jobs has mentioned in the past that he didn’t want any buttons on the iPhone when it was first announced back in 2007. Now, with the video below surfacing of iOS 4.3 for iPad featuring home screen and multitasking gesture support, it looks like the home buttonless iPads and iPhones may be a reality in 2011.
I personally don’t think I would like to use gestures only to navigate my way through these devices…in particular the iPhone where 5 fingers barely even fit. Do you think it would be awkward? Watch the video below to see how you may be using an iPad in the future…
My Review of FingerPrint For Mac and iOS Devices December 6, 2010Posted by johnthrasher in App Talk, Apple, Geek Talk, technology, ThrasherTechnoTrash.
add a comment
I recently stumbled across a fantastic Mac application that works with your iOS 4.2 device that allows you to print wirelessly to a printer, or send to your Mac, Dropbox, or iPhoto! I was so excited that I wanted to share my review of it with you and show it to you in action!
Check out the video below!
5 Tribute Shows Glee NEEDS To Do! November 29, 2010Posted by johnthrasher in Lady Gaga, Movies/Film, technology, Television.
Tags: Backstreet Boys, Britney Spears, Cole Porter, Glee, Joey Fatone, John Thrasher, Lady Gaga, Madonna, Michael Jackson, New Kids on the Block, NSync, Spice Girls
add a comment
We’re about half way through season 2 of Glee, and we’ve already had our fair share of Glee tribute shows. The Power of Madonna, Lady Gaga, the Britney episode and Rocky Horror. So, I thought what are some tribute shows that Glee, being a show all about musicals and entertainment, should definitely do? Below are 5 tribute episodes I want to see VERY soon!
1. Rent – Rent was arguably the biggest musical of the 90′s. It just makes sense that Glee would eventually do this. We already saw Idina Menzel as Rachel’s mother, so maybe she could find her way back to the show? I think a Rent show would be just as exciting as a Madonna, Britney, or Rocky Horror show! They could even tie it in with someone getting kicked out of their house and trying to get their own place. May be a bit mature for high school students but I could totally see Finn getting kicked out of the house for doing something stupid and swearing he’s going to get his own place, only to realize he can’t do it on his own, and ends up coming back. Yes, Ryan Murphy if you would like to hire me as a writer gimme a ring.
2. The Great American Songbook – This isn’t as glamorous and probably wouldn’t build as much excitement, but considering it was one of the best times in American musical history, it just seems right. Maybe even a whole tribute to Cole Porter!? This would get a lot of musical Glee fans excited…but maybe not the viewing public in general. They’ve already done a few Songbook songs, but a whole tribute show would be amazing!
3. Boybands/Girlbands – With a talented, good-looking cast, it seems like this would be the next great tribute episode. After seeing the Britney episode, Joey Fatone said that he would love to have an NSync tribute show. Yes, NSync was big, but they’re not relevant at all anymore. Something like Backstreet Boys, NSync, New Kids, Boyz II Men. The girls could get in on it too – Spice Girls, All Saints, En Vogue (OMG just had a flash of Mercedes singing Free Your Mind), Destiny’s Child! This could really be a fantastic episode. Plus with New Kids and Backstreet Boys touring together, they could make an appearance to promote their tour! NKOTBSB!
4. Spice Girls – I could actually see a whole Spice Girls episode happening. I mean they DID have their own movie, and gigantic huge successful reunion tour. There’s no doubting the Spice Girls had a huge influence on pop culture and music. Being one of the biggest (if not THE biggest) Spice Girls fan I know (I ain’t got no shame), a Spice Girls tribute show would only make sense. And seeing as how they’re all laying pretty low (minus Mel B) at the moment, I’m sure they would all love to be on the show. How fun would that be!
5. Michael Jackson – I don’t even know if they can get royalties to songs like this, but a Michael Jackson episode seems inevitable. With all the different iconic images of Michael, it seems like it would fit perfectly for this show. I could totally see them doing Thriller! Maybe this will be next year’s Halloween episode! I would love to see Kurt or Finn do the moonwalk, would you? It seems they’re doing Thriller for the post-Superbowl show but I want to see a whole tribute!
Are there any tribute shows you would like to see happen on Glee?