Review of Times Talk Live With ‘Lost’ Executive Writers May 20, 2010Posted by johnthrasher in Geek Talk, Movies/Film, Personally John, Television.
Tags: ABC, LOST
SPOILER ALERT: There are only a few VERY tiny mentions of what to expect in the finale in my review, so if you don’t want ANY spoilers, don’t read. I also review the clip from the finale that they showed, which is a tiny bit spoilerish.
Okay, I just got back from the TimesTalkLive event tonight with co-executive writers/producers for “Lost”, Damon Lindleof and Carlton Cuse. Overall the event wasn’t THAT amazing, but no matter what, Damon and Carlton are fun to watch. Here are a couple of points that I made when I was watching, and a summary of the scene that was shown from the finale:
- A Star Wars reference is made in the first 7 minutes of the finale. Damon said this, and Carlton seemed annoyed, even with that pointless info.
- Carlton then responds to a question about Walt saying that we will see him in the finale and that he is special.
- The finale will probably piss a lot of people off.
- There is a top secret, super duper final scene of the show that wasn’t even added until this passed Monday, so to avoid the potential of anyone seeing it.
- The DVD will have 20 minutes of bonus footage that is within the canon of the show (meaning it is part of the world, but never made it to air).
- Jorge Garcia and Michael Emerson joined them on stage. Jorge said something along the lines of “…and when I was filming the final scene.” Whether this was his particular final scene, or the top secret final scene is unclear. If it’s the latter, then it’s a spoiler that he makes it to the final scene of the show.
- Michael Emerson suggests that Ben and Hurley end up finding a way to work together in the finale that will rely on both of them. (Emerson was a bit vague about this, so that may have been said differently)
- They intentionally included Henry Ian Cusick’s (Desmond’s) name in the credits of every episode this season so that they would surprise the audience about when he was going to actually appear in an episode.
They showed a scene from the finale, that wasn’t really spoilery. Here is a summary.
It opens with Locke winding up the rope that was down the well that Desmond was in. Sawyer is in the bushes looking at Locke wondering what he’s doing. Then a gun cocks, and it turns out to be Ben. Ben says something like, “As long as you’re watching, why don’t you join us.” Ben leads Sawyer over to the well with Locke. There’s a short exchange where Sawyer tells Locke he’s here to get Desmond, and then he says to Locke, “I’m guessing you need Desmond to destroy the island?” Locke says, “You’re absolutely right.” Sawyer then says, “Then what Smokey? You going down with the ship?” Locke then says he’s not going anywhere but off the island. He then says, “You and the rest of Jacob’s candidates absolutely are.” Sawyer responds with, “Well we’re not candidates anymore,” and proceeds to knock Ben out, who isn’t paying attention. He takes Ben’s gun and retreats in to the woods. Ben asks why Locke isn’t going after him. Locke says, “I don’t need to.” Ben gets pissed bcause he feels tricked, and Locke says, “Because I said I’d leave you in charge once I’m gone? I’m sorry I left out the part about the island being at the bottom of the ocean. That being said, you’re welcome to join me on my boat. Because once we get Desmond to do what we need him to do, I’m going to sail away from this God forsaken place and watch it sink.” They then both look down at the ground, the camera does too, and there is something there. It was too fast for me to see but, Locke then says, “I think there was a dog here.” And the scene is over. This is all exactly what is said in the scene. I may or may not have recorded it.
That’s all that was really said or talked about tonight that was of any interest. I’ll post my thoughts heading in to the finale on Saturday, and then a review of the entire series on Sunday night. I can’t believe it’s all over!